Tuesday, October 27, 2009

We are very excited to have the site up and running. Though not 100% complete, the current content provides an excellent introduction to our office and should become a valuable resource for everyone (patients, doctor and staff). I want to take the time to comment on what is behind these changes. Someone recently commented on our facebook page that if it is not broke don't fix it. This is so true, but why would we change our name from Humber Chiropractic of Henry County to Chiropractic Relief Plus.
First, it is important to know why we were named Humber Chiro.... in the first place. When I arrived on the southside of Atlanta in 2002 I joined a group of chiropractors in which it was very clear that promoting our names was not part of the strategy. So when I got out on my own in late 2005, the first thing I did was rename my practice Humber Chiropractic of Henry County. I was keenly aware that the Humber name was well known in the area, because of the work of my family (in the biz since 1949). So as I promoted my new clinic many folks responded with "I used to go to your dad/uncles". I used local cable television programming to inform the public of our business and did so for about 26 months. It was definitely a good decision to use the Humber name and I am very proud of my heritage, but something came to mind earlier this year. For the last 60 years the Humber's have been seeing thousands of patients and yet there was no congruent, recognizable message that was seen throughout the clinics (5 in metro ATL).
So secondly, why the name Chiropractic Relief Plus. What does every patient calling us for the first time want more than anything...Relief from Pain!! What do we offer...Chiropractic, and what is the plus all about. Chiropractic is for so much more than just pain relief.
Finally, it is important to note that in branding my clinical practice, I wanted to establish a recognizable logo (image), have a memorable slogan (No crack or pop, just point and click) and have a presence on the internet (where most everyone searches for answers).
In the future our blogs will be much less about us and much more about your needs and questions, but I wanted to make this blog about introducing our background and our message!

No comments:

Post a Comment